All checked baggage is the responsibility of the airline. All baggage transported in the cabin is the responsibility of the passenger. TAAG has the right to refuse the check-in of any baggage that is not properly packed in suitable containers and does not fall within the baggage guidelines.
The articles cited below may not be transported as checked baggage:
• Fragile Items (glass, solar plates, etc.)
• Perishable Items (meat, fish, etc.)
• Valuable Objects (computers, camcorders, and their accessories)
• Important Documents
• Currencies (money, credit cards, checks, gold, silver, etc)
• Expensive personal items (clothing, jewellery, etc.)
Important information for the transport of Checked Luggage
The luggage should always be adequately identified both on the outside and on the inside with name and address and it should be locked with key or padlock. The passenger should verify that the voucher received when he ships the luggage match the desired destination. When removing the luggage, the passenger must make sure the label’s number matches the voucher’s number. Checked luggage must not include fragile objects, valuable objects, perishable goods, and dangerous articles such as: explosives, including detonators, primers, grenades and mines and explosives; gases, including propane and butane gas; flammable liquids, including gasoline and methanol; flammable solids, and reactive substances, including magnesium, tinder, fireworks and torches; oxidants and peroxides, organics, including lye and car paint retouching sets; toxic or infectious substances, including rat poisons and infected bloods; radioactive material, including medicinal isotopes or other isotopes existing on the market; corrosive substances, including mercury, car batteries; components of the fuel-feeding system of vehicles that have already contained fuel.
Allowed luggage may be established based on the weight or number of volumes to be transported.
The luggage allowed based on “weight concept” is defined according to class:
• First class – allowed up to 40kg of luggage
• Business class – allowed up to 30kg of luggage
• Economy class – allowed up to 20kg of luggage
• Babies (up to 2 years of age) – transportation of up to 10kg of luggage is allowed
The luggage allowed based on the number of “piece concept”, is defined according to class:
• First class – allowed up to 2 pieces of luggage weighing up to 65kg
• Business class – allowed up to 2 pieces of luggage weighing up to 65kg
• Economy class – allowed up to 2 pieces of luggage weighing up to 55kg
• Babies (of up to 2 years of age) may transport 1 piece of luggage weighing up to 10kg
This methodology is applied solely on flights operated by TAAG.
Important information for the transportation of hand luggage
Cabin luggage, transported by the passenger on his/her responsibility, should be weighed and tagged for security reasons and for the passengers’ maximum comfort should not exceed:
• First class – one volume of 10kg
• Business class – one volume of up to 7kg
• Economy class – one volume of 5 kg
The sum of the dimensions of the hand luggage volume should not exceed 115cm (length 55cm + height 40cm + width 20cm).
CABIN BAGGAGE SECURITY QUESTIONNAIRE
I confirm that the cabin baggage I take with me:
• It is my property
• I did pack it myself
• I confirm that after packing nothing was introduced in it
• I am fully aware of the contents
• I am certain that my baggage does not contain any dangerous goods (any alarm device, compressed gas, corrosive product, bacteria, virus, explosives, ammunition, fireworks, flammable substance, oxidizing material, poison, radioactive material)
• I confirm I don’t carry any of the forbidden articles mentioned in the attached list:
LIST OF FORBIDDEN ARTICLES
Passengers are not permitted to carry the following articles into the security restricted area and the cabin of an aircraft:
GUNS, FIREARMS & WEAPONS
• All firearms (Pistols, Revolvers, Shotguns etc.)
• Replica and imitation firearms
• Component parts of firearms,
• Air pistols, rifles and pellet guns
• Signal flare pistols, starter pistols
• Toy guns of all types
• Ball Bearing Guns
• Industrial Bolt and Nail Guns
• Cross bows
• Harpoon & Spear Guns
• Animal Humane Killers
• Stun or shocking devices e.g cattle prods
• Lighters shaped like a firearm.
Pointed or bladed articles capable of causing injury, including:
• Axes & hatchets
• Arrows & darts
• Harpoons & spears
• Ice axes & ice picks
• Ice skates
• Lockable or flick knives
• Knives, including ceremonial knives
• Meat cleavers, Machetes
• Open razors and blades (excluding safety or disposable razors with blades enclosed in cartridge)
• Sabres, Swords & swordsticks
• Scalpels and scissors with blades more than 6 cm in length
• Ski and Walking/Hiking poles
• Throwing stars
• Tradesman's tools that have the potential to be used as a pointed or edged weapon e.g. drills and drill bits, box cutters, utility knives, all saws, screwdrivers, crowbars. hammers
Blunt instruments, including:
• Baseball and softball bats
• Clubs or batons rigid or flexible
• Cricket Bats, Golf Clubs, Hockey sticks
• Lacrosse sticks
• Kayak and Canoe paddles
• Fishing rods
• Martial arts equipment
• Explosives and flammable Substances
• Blasting caps, detonators & fuses
Explosives and explosive devices
• Replica or imitation explosive material or devices
• Mines & other explosive military stores
• Grenades of all types
• Gas & gas containers e.g. Butane, propane, acetylene, oxygen - in large volume.
• Fireworks, flares in any form and pyrotechnics
• Non safety matches
• Smoke generating canisters or cartridges
• Flammable liquid fuel e.g. Petrol / gasoline, diesel,
• Aerosol spray paint, turpentine & paint thinner
• Alcoholic beverages exceeding 70% by volume
Chemical and Toxic substances
• Acids and Alkalis e.g. spillable "wet" batteries
• Corrosive or Bleaching Substances - e.g. mercury,
• Disabling or incapacitating sprays - e.g. mace, pepper spray , tear gas
• Radioactive material. - Medicinal or commercial isotopes
• Poisons, infectious or biological hazardous material. - e.g. infected blood, bacteria and viruses
• Material capable of spontaneous ignition or combustion.
• Fire extinguishers
Travelling with Pets:
TAAG – Angola Airlines E.P, allows transporting animals in the cabin or the hold of the aircraft, depending on the weight, size and species of animal.
If you would like to travel with your pet, we strongly recommend that you consult in advance, our procedures and rules of transportation specific of each species of animal, through a TAAG agency, travel agency or call – center +244 923 190 000 (Luanda) +351 308 800 988 (Lisbon)
Transportation of Special Equipment
The acceptance of large-sized sporting equipment, are considered special baggage, Such as bicycles, surf boards, windsurf boards, skis and snowboard, golf bags, diving equipment (scuba diving) among others. The transportation of these two are free of charge within the limits of allowed luggage. The transportation of those equipments poses some special restrictions and conditions; please contact our reservations department.
The company with the codeshare agreement with TAAG determines the baggage allowance.
All passengers are allowed 5 kg of carry-on luggage.
All passengers will be charged a fee if they exceed the baggage limits. For security reasons, the following items ARE NOT ALLOWED to be transported in passenger’s luggage:
Explosives, weapons, ammunition, fireworks, compressed gases, flammable liquids or solids, poisonous substances or infections diseases, corrosive materials, oxidizers, radioactive materials, magnetic materials, alarm devices, or liquids over 100 ml.